Are you looking for the best gamer helmets for quality price in 2020? Need good gaming headsets that don’t tear your pocket apart and are cheap?
Choosing good headphones to play with has never been easy. We have to look for a good compromise between the money that we want to spend on the helmets and the characteristics of them (good sound, microphone that sounds good, comfortable).
We want the best headphones for gamers, but many times we have to opt for the best price quality.
Many times the most expensive headset doesn’t have to be the best choice, and what we really have to look for is that the sound performance is good, that they are comfortable to play for many hours and that the price is reasonable.
If in addition to all this has some extras, they are well manufactured, and we can find them somewhat lower priced, because much better. These are our 10 options, each suitable for different budgets.
We recommend that you read the entrance carefully:
where we move to a higher price level: they are perfect gaming headsets for those who want the latest in sound. But… If you want to keep good gaming headsets at a reasonable price, we recommend that you keep reading.
Want to know which are the best price-quality gamer headphones in 2021?
It’s going to seem strange to you, but it’s not at all. The best gaming headsets are usually audiophile headphones for music fans. What do you mean? That’s right. This type of headset usually offers a great “soundstage”, which means that you know perfectly well where each instrument comes from. You can locate in space, for example, where each instrument of an orchestra is located… and that’s very good for your video games: you’ll be able to know where your enemies are coming from.
That said, these headphones don’t have a microphone, so you’re going to have to use an external microphone. A small catch if you consider that they are perfect for listening to your music.
Any recommendations? Well, one of the Sennheiser brand headphones. The HD-600 series is perfect for price-quality (about 300 euros), especially the HD660S, but if you can afford them, the HD800S are the most in terms of presenting a complete and detailed music stage (they cost more than 1000 euros, it’s the big catch).
Sennheiser HD 660S – Perfect gaming music headphones
- Open headphones for audiophiles that can be used for gaming
- The nominal impedance of 150 ohms to allow direct connection to both fixed and mobile HiRes players
- Frequency response: 10 – 41,000 Hz (-10dB)
- Detachable para-aramid reinforced cables made of highly conductive OFC copper, with very low handling noise
- 1/4″ (6.35mm) stereo jack and 3.5mm stereo jack with adapter
Headphones that are not cheap, but that have become a clear reference in the world of music if you want a well balanced and balanced sound throughout the frequency range. You’re not really going to get it wrong with any of the HD600 series headphones… They are the replacement for the popular HD650.
They are also open headphones, so the sound escapes and you will have to be in a quiet environment to enjoy them—no taking them down the street.
They are relatively light and very comfortable. Perfect for wearing a long time once you’ve taken some slack. The feeling is plastic.
As for the sound, they have an excellent “soundstage” and offer a neutral sound. That’s why they’re perfect for gaming: you’ll be able to locate in the space where your opponents come from, and you’ll notice even the slightest sound.
It doesn’t stand out for its basses; they have vibrant media and high ones that you might want to equalize a little.
1.-HyperX Cloud Revolver S – Gaming Headset with Dolby Surround 7.1
- Dolby Surround 7.1 Plug N Play Technology
- Advanced USB audio control box with DSP sound card
- With HyperX-exclusive elastic Visco foam
- State-of-the-art 50mm directional controllers generate accurate, clean sound.
- A wider headband that distributes pressure more balanced
- Stereo support for PS4, Xbox One (adapter not included), and mobile devices
- Noise-cancelling microphone
Its price is not too high for the surround audio quality they offer. Dolby Surround 7.1 technology in these gamer headsets is something to be tested.
Besides, they are really comfortable, even for very long gaming sessions and only have a couple of drawbacks: the microphone position is somewhat strange, and the cable is not too long.
They are compatible with PC, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, Mac… The sound regulation will be found on the cable and micro jack output. The cable is not very long, and the microphone is not its strong point, especially for its placement.
They also don’t have software to customize them to your liking. But you seem to have a much more expensive headphone on. That’s why they’re the best.
2.-Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless – Perfect and relatively inexpensive wireless gaming headsets
- Fabric with microfiber grille and memory foam
- Customizable and dynamic RGB backlighting
- Custom 50mm neodymium speaker transducers
- Range up to 12 m and with up to 16 hours of autonomy
- Optimized one-way microphone with LED mute indicator
- Dolby Headphone 7.1
Eye! Only the logo is RGB… Knowing that you have one of the best gaming headset options in front of you in 2019. They have excellent manufacturing quality, spectacular sound and RGB that you can synchronize with other devices of the brand. Its design is again spectacular, and the price is in the mid-range of such devices.
They have a volume control on the helmets, and you can connect them wired if you are running out of battery (lasts about 15 hours). You can modify the equalizer with the included software and create different profiles.
3.-SteelSeries Arctis Pro – Perfect for PC
Both the wired and wireless model gives an excellent performance. They have a tremendous surround sound, and thanks to the included DAC, you will also be able to listen to music perfectly.
Its price varies quite depending on its version, but keep in mind that its functionalities and sound are from another planet.
They ensure a high fidelity sound of 96 kHz / 24 bits with all its resolution without any reduction and a range of 10 to 40,000 Hz. They are also made of polished steel alloy and aluminium, have a two-way microphone… and they’re very comfortable.
4.-ASTRO Gaming A20 – Wireless Headsets
- 5 GHz wireless technology
- Optimized for gaming
- Stereo sound with 40mm transducers
- The battery life of more than 15 hours
- Compatible with surround sound: fully compatible with Dolby Atmos and Windows Sonic
- Premium lightweight materials with soft, breathable fabric pads and soft headband
- ASTRO Command Center Software: Customizes each input and output parameter, including custom sound profiles and multiple microphones and stream settings
- For XBOX ONE / PS4 / PC
It has one of the most interesting prices of this range for the quality they offer. They have an impressive battery life of about 15 hours, perfect stereo sound and would only lack surround sound. They’re very comfortable.
They are compatible with Dolby Atmos and 3D Atmosphere but are not 7.1 headphones. The mic is decent.
5.-HyperX Cloud – the best-closed headband helmets for gamers for a quality price
- With sturdy, adaptable headband padded with memory
- Closed earphone offering greater passive noise cancellation
- 53mm drivers, detachable microphone and helmet covers
- Compatible with Hi-Fi audio sources
- Compatible for PC, Mac, tablets, smartphones, Playstation 4 and other game consoles.
- Made of solid aluminium and braided cable
- Maximum power of 150W
- Atrial frequency: 15 – 25000 Hz
- Microphone frequency: 100 – 12000 Hz
HyperX Cloud headphones are really comfortable, so they can be worn for hours without us noticing any discomfort while playing. Also, they offer great sound performance for an excellent price.
There may be headphones that are worth more than 100 euros that offer us better sound. Still, this model has a good balance between the high-frequency sounds that provide us with a differentiated environment (plus you can see where the sound comes from) and the low frequencies, which have a right point not to overwhelm but to make yourself noticed. They even do a good job if we want to use them to watch movies or listen to music. The microphone is good, but not excellent.
They are made of aluminium, so they feel sturdy but light. They feature a removable microphone, interchangeable synthetic leather pads, and volume and microphone controls. For the vast majority of players, there is little reason to spend more money considering the good features of HyperX Cloud.
6.-A excellent option: Kingston HyperX Cloud II
- Hardware-controlled virtual surround sound
- With 100% memory foam on the headband and synthetic leather pads
- Optimized for professional players: closed headphones for passive noise cancellation
- USB connectivity for PC and Mac.
- Stereo support for PS4, Xbox One (adapter not included), and mobile devices
- TeamSpeak certified and optimized for chat programs.
Well, if there’s a good reason to spend a little more money, as the second version of this gaming headset model, the Kingston HyperX Cloud II, is available.
They are more or less the same, except that they have added memory foam padding on the headband, have 7.1 surround sound processing and independent volume controls for the headset and microphone. The microphone is also somewhat better, as they have increased their frequency range.
7.-Logitech G430 – Gaming headsets that never disappoint for less than 50 euros
- Up to 7 discrete audio channels plus the low-frequency effects channel
- 7.1 Dolby Headphone Surround Sound
- Cable and sound control that is integrated into a three-meter cable
- The earpieces rotate up to 90 degrees until flat
- Sports fabric pads, coated with a soft sports material
Logitech G430 headphones have a very long cable length, stiff padding and perhaps low manufacturing quality. Still, they have 7.1 surround sound thanks to an included USB dongle, something surprising for headphones that usually cost very cheap. On PC, drivers install automatically and give you customization options through Logitech’s Gaming app.
If you want something with better design and manufacture you can opt for the new version, the Logitech G433, which have hydrophobic fabric resistant to stains and pads of sports mesh, breathable and washable (cost twice as much). They have:
- Advanced audio technologies such as Pro-G transducers and DTS 7.1
- Stain-resistant hydrophobic fabric
- Sporty, breathable and washable mesh pads
- Rod microphone that offers voice quality for PC or console chats
- Compatible with consoles – Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One
8.-Creative HS-880 Draco – The cheapest gaming headset
- Sound with explosive bass
- Robust construction with steel core band for optimal fit and durability
- Comfortable large earmuffs to insulate you from noise
- Flexible microphone with noise cancellation
- Easy to store and convenient to carry
- Frecuencia de auricular: 20 – 20000 Hz
- Frecuencia de micrófono: 100 – 18000 Hz
And for those with less budget to buy gaming headsets, this model is perfect. Its price-quality is very good, and its features are exceptional for its price range.
They are not as comfortable as HyperX Cloud, they are not as well manufactured, and the sound quality is not as good (sys drivers are 40mm), but their price and features are very reasonable. You can even use them to record podcasts.
9.-Corsair Gaming VOID – The best choice as a wireless gaming headset for a quality price
- WIFI 2.4 GHz, up to 15 meters.
- 16 h battery
- Noise-cancelling microphone.
- Dolby 7.1 authentic.
- 50mm transducers
- Dynamic RGB multicolour lighting
- Complete control with CUE Software
- Compatible with PC and partially PS4
One of the best options for a quality price. The audio quality is still excellent; it has an equalizer, Dolby virtual sound and some somewhat rectangular glasses. They are also somewhat heavy and somewhat smaller than usual in these models. His soundproofing is not perfect. On PC World they recommend them as one of the best options.
10.-Corsair HS50 Stereo: another really cheap and quality option
- With memory foam and swivel helmets
- Premium-quality design
- Specially adjusted 50mm neodymium speaker transducers
- Optimized unidirectional microphone reduces ambient noise to improve voice quality and can be removed for use at any time.
- Easy access to the controls for volume and silence in the ear to make adjustments on the fly
- Multi-platform support: PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices
Another exciting option if you want a cheap gaming headset. They have drivers of 50mm, for which you will ensure a good sound, and they are stereo. The sound of the microphone is also perfect, but its placement is somewhat uncomfortable. In case you don’t mind the lack of 7.1 sound and Bluetooth… these headphones are a great buy.
11.-Sennheiser GAME ONE- Closed headband headphones for demanding gamers
- Perfect for long gaming sessions
- The volume control is integrated into the right earbud.
- Interchangeable cables for use from multiple platforms
- Velvet XXL pads
- Compatible with PCs, Macs and consoles
- Noise-cancelling microphone
- Frecuencia de auricular: 15 – 28000 Hz
- Frecuencia de micrófono: 50 – 16000 Hz
For gamers looking for better audio, a really excellent microphone and greater comfort for longer sessions, Sennheiser ONE headphones are the best choice for both audiophiles and hard-working players, always considering you have to have an excellent sound card or some amplifier.
Unlike most gaming headsets, this GAME ONE has an open design, ensuring the air can be directed to your ears.
This not only makes the headset sound different, as more open, but the design also makes the headset lighter and cooler, so we’ll be able to use them for long periods of time. However, the sound is going to come out of your headphones, so you can disturb something you have around you. They’re a little more expensive.
12.-Sennheiser GSP 600 – Closed gaming headsets
- Broadcast quality microphone with advanced noise cancellation
- Closed acoustic design, ergonomic pads and advanced hinge system for excellent passive noise attenuation
- The frequency response of 15 – 26,000Hz
- 28 Ω and 112 dB SPL
- Adjustable contact pressure function on the headband provides a custom fit in different head sizes
- Cross-platform gaming headset compatible with PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One and other consoles using a 3.5mm jack input.
If you want spectacular basses for your video games, this is the best option. Its microphone is really sharp, and you can use it to make calls.
It has sound cancellation; the manufacture is spectacular and resistant. They work with cable, so they don’t have Bluetooth. You can adjust them based on the size of your head.
If you need something wireless, you can opt for the Sennheiser GSP 670 with 20 hours of battery life via Bluetooth and up to 16 hours with the low latency connection. They’re a little more expensive.
13.-Razer Kraken – A gaming headset with microphone
- Optimized 50mm drivers
- Coolant gel pads
- One-way retractable microphone
- Bauxite aluminium structure with padding
- For PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and mobile devices with the 3.5mm minijack connector.
Unbeatable price, good design and functionalities. They are really comfortable thanks to their oval shape (perfect for large ears). And you can even set the sound 7.1. with Razer Surround. They isolate a lot from the outside.
The braided cable is quite long, and its manufacture is solid, perfect to last a long time. The most indelible part is the retractable micro: you have to be very careful with it.
They are available in various colours, including pink. You can configure them to your liking with Razer Surround Pro (activated by a code that should be in the box).
14.-Corsair HS35 – Stereo Gaming Headset
- For pc, Xbox one, ps4, Nintendo Switch and mobile devices.
- Removable one-way microphone
- With memory foam and adjustable pads
- With volume control and microphone muffler on the headset
- They are Discord certified for audio chats.
Another really cheap model. It does not have the audio quality of premium models, but neither does its high price. Its manufacture is intended to be eternal. The lowest sound quality is noticeable in the bass response.
You also have to keep in mind that if you have enormous ears, this model is going to make you a little uncomfortable if you can afford HyperX Cloud… better than better.
15.-Sony – Official Stereo Wireless Headphones for PS4
The perfect headphones for PS4, PS3, iOS or Android…. and they’re not expensive… They feature 7.1 sound, long-lasting battery life and gaming-specific audio profiles. They are the official headphones of the PS4, and they are perfect. Its manufacture is excellent and the minimalist design.
When used with the PS4 or PS3, you’ll have virtual surround sound and the option to load custom audio settings. If you download the Headset Companion app from PlayStation Store, you’ll have access to specific in-game audio profiles or adjust the sound to your preferences. Do you have native support in the Translation menu? You see updates on the status of the headset on the screen.
Other facts you should know about good gaming headsets
- Compatibility: The first thing to do is to check if they are compatible with your computer or game console. If you have an Xbox One, you may need to purchase the additional stereo adapter if it’s not included. Those of you who have a PS4 won’t have to worry about that detail.
- Comfort: They should also have comfortable pads and a lightweight headband, especially if you’re going to be playing for a long time. It would also be appreciated if they had a good noise-cancelling microphone to filter out the background noise. And surround sound to hear better where the punches come from?
- Wireless: Another option to keep in mind is the purchase of wireless headphones to make them a little more comfortable when it comes to moving
- Most recognized brands in gaming headsets: Turtle Beach, Tritton, Steelseries, Corsair and Razer but didn’t forget Sennheiser, the German manufacturer that makes such good headphones.