Want to know which are the best wifi routers of 2020? What are the top 3 cheap WIFI routers in case you don’t want to spend a lot of money? Need a wireless modem router for your home? What is a wireless router?
If someone from your internet provider company has passed you and put a router at home to connect to the network, rest a sure that the wireless routers we’re going to show you here are better than any router they could have given you. It’s best to buy your wireless router on your own. The speed of your network will thank you.
Many times we wonder why the connection in our homes is slow, and the answer on many occasions is that we need to buy a new router to get the most out of the new high-speed connections that ISPs are providing us.
What should we look for to buy a good wifi router? Types of routers
Things change really fast in this world and if routers with WIFI a/b/g/n were recommended before, now we have moved to at least WIFI ac (WI-FI 5), and soon we should look for routers with the new WI-FI 6 (IEEE 802.11ax).
The biggest advantages of WIFI ac are that it offers better range and higher theoretical top speeds.
- Wireless WiFi AC uses the 5GHz band for its transmissions, band that usually has fewer devices connected, experiences less interference than 2.4GHz and therefore reaches higher speeds.
The biggest advantages of WI-FI 6 are that it offers higher theoretical top speeds in environments with many WIFI networks, higher capacity and performance (the first routers with this technology are currently beginning to emerge):
- Wi-Fi 6 will provide an increase in capacity, coverage and performance, even in dense environments such as stadiums and other public places. Wi-Fi 6 networks enable lower battery consumption on devices, making it a solid choice for any environment (smart home or IoT).
The other thing to consider is how much you’re willing to spend. Almost all cost less than 200 euros, and you will be able to get some advanced features such as a router with a built-in VDSL2 modem: you would not need to connect your new router to the one provided by your ISP (you would have an all-in-one).
Good coverage is especially important if you live in a house instead of a flat and want to ensure that all rooms have Wi-Fi signal. Thanks to the integration of USB ports, the best routers can now connect to external printers and hard drives.
Dual Band routers? Well, the truth is, they’re the most interesting models. Look for dual band with 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Your connection will improve many integers in the less saturated 5GHz band.
Router security? You have to check that the chosen router supports WPA2, the most secure form of encryption right now. Forget about WEP or even the WPS button, which although it’s very convenient to set up your devices with it, in the end it only provides a security breach for the smartest.
WIFI signal strength? Very important if you have a very big house. You can buy a router with a good amount of antennas, or buy a network extender by power line or WIFI.
Mesh WiFi system? WiFi Mesh wireless networks allow us to combine 2, 3 or more routers into a single WIFI network so that coverage reaches the entire house or office. There are systems that come prepared like Netgear or Linksys, and brands like Asus make it easy for us with their compatible Ai-Mesh routers. Totally recommended, although somewhat expensive.
Simplicity? In 2020 the ease of installation prevailed, something that models like the Linksys Velop or netgear Orbi have achieved, although paying a little more for them.
What is a wireless router? How is it different from a modem?
The same name tells you. It is a router that will provide you with wireless access to the network. You forget cables (if you want) and you can give access to the network to a lot of devices (tablets, smartphones, computers etc).
And for this you will use the WIFI 802.11 standard, which gets its name from the radio frequencies that are used to transmit the data over the air.
So what is the difference between a wireless router and a modem? A modem is the device that takes the signal from your Internet service provider, and converts it into data that your devices can use.
Basically, they transform the signal that comes from your fiber optics, and take it to your router that is responsible for managing connections in your home and assigning an IP to each device that wants to connect to the internet. Confusion comes because many devices are modems and routers at once.
Then we would have a third category of devices: the network exteriors, which are responsible for amplifying the signal of your connection to your entire house. They are needed in very large houses or with many WIFI interference…. You can buy a long-range router that gives you a very strong signal, or use one of these devices to amplify the signal.
What are the best Wifi routers in India 2021?
1.-Google WIFI – Wireless Router
- Wi-Fi AC1200 2×2 (2.4 and 5 GHz)
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports
- TX beamforming, Bluetooth Smart
Google’s mesh system works really well, especially if you buy the 3 router pack. If you want a good router with WIFI Mesh, this is the best option for quality price. It is perfect for very large house.
It’s really easy to extend the network in all rooms. Its configuration is very simple and the only problem is that you can not change many of the router settings as in more traditional models.
But you have very good things like easily enable safe browsing for certain devices. It also lacks a few RJ45 connections, but good… makes up for it with other qualities.
Google released a new, more powerful version, the Google Nest Wifi,in 2020. It’s a little more expensive for now. It has an excellent design and come with a smart speaker included. Its controls are very simple and the same goes for its configuration. It is a WIFI Mesh model that still cannot replace the best routers in this range.
2.-ASUS ZenWifi XT8 – Wi-Fi System 6 Mesh Tri-Band AX6600 (2 units)
- Three-band mesh network system covering up to more than 500 square meters with a powerful wi-fi signal and up to 6600 mbps speed
- 3-step setup and easy management with the Asus router app
- Free network security for life with micro trend technology ensures
- Parental controls
- 2.5 Gigabit WAN/LAN port, 3 Gigabit LAN ports, QoS
- Compatible with aimesh: combine zenwifi with other routers that support aimesh to create a powerful and flexible wifi system
Asus entry into the WIFI Mesh world along with WIFI 6. quite a hit…. you’re not going to get anything cheap. It offers scandal speeds and its configuration is really flexible, especially if you already have an Asus router in your home. You can configure two 2.4 and 5GHz networks. Security is guaranteed. If they included 3 routers it would be the perfect offer.
3.-Asus RT-AC86U – Ac2900 Dual Band Gaming Router
- Compatible with AiMesh (home-wide meshed network Wi-Fi system)
- Triple-VLAN functionality, compatible with your carrier’s triple-play services (Internet, IP Voice and TV)
- WTFast game accelerator and Adaptive QoS
- AC2900 speeds with NitroQAM technology
- ASUS AiRadar and Range Boost help cover difficult areas, and MU-MIMO maximizes performance by connecting multiple devices
- AiProtection powered by Trend Micro protects all connected devices
- 4 Gigabit LAN, Gigabit Wan, USB 2.0, USB 3.0 ports
- WIFI 802.11ac
If you want a more traditional router but with the possibility to mount a meshed system, this model may be the best choice for price clarity. And especially if you want a perfect performance for gaming, without paying for the save that usually cost this type of routers for video games.
The network speed is going to be really good and the same is going to happen with coverage thanks to its antennas. The firmware is somewhat more complicated than in the previous model, but it has the advantage that you will be able to configure your entire network to your liking. The options are endless.
4.-Linksys EA6900-EJ – AC1900 Dual Band Smart Wi-Fi Wireless Router
- WIFI 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Turbo QAM
- 1x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0
It is one of the best routers you will be able to find. Able to support the AC1900 standard, and provide you with great speed. Its price has dropped considerably since it was put up for sale. It offers excellent performance at a very good price, with a good design.
There are slightly faster routers, but this one is more than enough. It has Wireless-AC: simultaneous band speed up to 300 Mbps (2.4 GHz) + 1600 Mbps (5 GHz) for multimedia content intensive applications, 4 Gigabit ports and Linksys Smart Wifi mobile APP app for IOS and Android. Its configuration is very simple.
5.-ASUS RT-AX58U – WiFi Router 6 AX3000
- With 802.11ax Wi-Fi standard (Wi-Fi 6) with 160 MHz bandwidth
- High-speed Wi-Fi connections with 1024-QAM
- Combined speed of about 3000 Mbps (574 Mbps in 2.4 GHz band and 2402 Mbps in 5 GHz band)
- With MU-MIMO and OFDMA technologies that optimize channel allocation and communicate with multiple devices simultaneously
- With free AiProtection service with Trend Micro technology
If you need a cheap WIFI-6 router, this is your best option. It offers great speed, good connections and impressive coverage for your home (about 120 square meters). This model doesn’t have as much connection as other Asus models, but it makes up for it with the WIFI-6.
It offers MU-MIMO, VPN configuration or parental controls. Its configuration is simple and supports AiMesh. It also has WPA3, the new generation of WIFI security that improves authentication and offers more powerful encryption for sensitive data.
Connectivity? RJ45 for WAN (1), RJ45 for LAN (4) and a USB 3.1 port.
6.-Asus DSL-AC68U – AC1900 Mbps Wireless Modem-Router
- WIFI 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Integrated VDSL2 Modem
- 1x USB 3.0, 1x Gigabit WAN, 4x Gigabit LAN
Asus put all the meat on the grill with this router, which has an integrated VDSL2 modem capable of supporting speeds greater than 100Mbps, and is also no more expensive than its rivals.
It is not the fastest router, but it develops well in all situations. It incorporates the AiRadar application that optimizes the intensity of the WIFI signal until it increases the coverage by 150%. We can also find the ASUS AiCloud app to connect to our network from any device.
7.-Linksys WRT1900ACS – AC1900 Dual Band Smart Wi-Fi Wireless Router
- WIFI 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- 4x Gigabit Ethernet; 1x Gigabit WAN
- Smart Wi-Fi remote access platform
It supports the AC1900 standard and has excellent performance. Achieve excellent speeds: Simultaneous band speed up to 600 Mbps (2.4 GHz) and 1300 Mbps (5 GHz) for media-intensive applications.
The design is not the most successful in the world and its price is somewhat higher than that of the other models. Its coverage is really good and the configuration interface is really intuitive.
8.-ASUS RT-AC85P – AC2400 Dual-Band Router
- Dual-core CPU and traffic management thanks to built-in QoS
- Built-in MU-MIMO technology allows multiple customers to download at the same time
- Wi-Fi at speeds of up to 2400 Mbps: Concurrent 2.4G 3T3R and 5G 4T4R bands with a combined speed of 2400 Mbps
- WIFI 802.11b; 802.11g; 802.11n; 802.11a
- 4 RJ45 and 1USB
This wireless outer rsupports the AC2400 standard at speeds of up to 2400 Mbps: 2.4G 3T3R and 5G 4T4R bands with a combined speed of 2400 Mbps and has coverage of up to almost 500 square meters.
It features a USB 3.1 port and ASUS AiCloud to connect to any device.
It does not have Triple VLANs and the latest firmware does not have hardware NAT so you do not go. exceed speeds of 500Mbps.
9.-TP-LINK Archer C3200 or TP-LINK Archer C5400
TP-LINK Archer C3200
- AC3200 Mbps Tri-Band Gigabit Wireless Router
- Dual band (2.4 GHz / 5 GHz)
- 5x Gigabit Ethernet, 1x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0
- Dual core processor at 1GHz
Having 6 antennas available on the Archer AC3200 you will be able to cover dozens of equipment and mobile devices wirelessly. It has two 5GHz bands that support 802.11ac.
Everything works through TP-Link’s Smart WiFi technology that automatically selects the most suitable frequency band. It offers a simple management interface, along with advanced options.
TP-LINK Archer C5400
- Advanced NitroQAMTM (1024-QAM) and 4-Stream technology that increase maximum Wi-Fi speed across all bands by 25%
- Tri-Band Wi-Fi offering three different wireless bands for more devices
- Connectivity: 4 x LAN, 1 x WAN, 1 x USB 3.0 and 1 x USB 2.0
- MU-MIMO allows the router to achieve 4 times more efficiency by communicating with up to 4 devices at a time
- Ultra-fast Dual-Core 1.4GHz CPU and 3 co-processors providing fast and stable global operation
- 8 external antennas that maximize Wi-Fi coverage and improve wireless connections
The first thing that catches your eye is its spectacular design: either you dislike or love it. It has professional features and a relatively low price for what it offers. It’s fast and powerful. Supports Alexa and IFTTT. Perfect for watching 4K or gaming videos. A good option to put in very large flats or houses.
You also have the TP-Link Archer C5400X version, which is perfect for Gaming,offering 1Gbps in its 2.4GHz and 2.167Gbps band on each 5GHz channel.
10.-Netgear R7800-100PES Nighthawk X4S -Router Gaming X4S with AC2600 Dual Band WiFi technology
- With AC2600 Dual Band WiFi technology
- 2 x USB 3.0, 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 1 eSATA
- Beamforming+ and VDSL 2 modem
This router has 4 antennas and will provide you with 802.11ac WIFI. It has 2 USB ports and an eSata connector and of course e sun modem VDSL 2. The included software is very good and allows you to easily configure the router and then control all the devices that you have connected to your network.
11.-TP-LINK Archer C9 – Wireless Gigabit Gaming Router
- Dual-band AC 1900 Mbps wireless router
- 600 Mbps at 2.4 GHz and 1300 Mbps at 5 GHz
- 1x USB 3.0 gates, 1xUSB 2.0 5xGibabit Ethernet
A relatively inexpensive router with very good specifications. It supports 1300Mbps 802.11ac, has good software and a very convenient design to not attract attention. The included modem only supports DSL and not VDSL 2.
You can replace the operator’s router with this model. It has WIFI for guests and a USB 3.0.
12.-Netgear Orbi – 2 units (AC3000 tribanda, coverage 350 meters expandable)
- VLAN Tagging functionality, for compatibility with IPTV services such as Imagenio and Movistar+
- Router and satellite kit; a single Orbi router covers more than 175 square meters of your home with high AC3000 WiFi performance and each satellite increases coverage by another 175 square meters
- 802.11ac 5GHz and 2.4GHz
- Connectivity: 4 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100 / 1000Mbps ports (1 WAN + 3 LAN for router, 4 LAN for satellite drive), 1 x USB 2.0 port
- Advanced WiFi router features with AC3000 speed, 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, VPN, QoS, and dynamic DNS
- Seamlessly enjoy 4K video streaming and lag-free gameplay, separation zones or interrupted connections
New system with 2 units, a router and a satellite unit. It’s an expensive model, but it’s totally justified. Its installation is very simple and its performance tremendous.
The coverage is excellent, and the only drawback is that you can set up few things from the WIFI connection. Several models are available with various prices and features. If you have coverage issues at home, it’s a great option.
And what if you want to get the new WIFI 6 standard on your WIFI Mesh router? You’re going to need the following model: Netgear Orbi RBK852 – New Mesh WiFi System 6 AX6000 tribanda
- Mesh wifi coverage up to 350 m2 and 60 devices
- WIFI 6 that powers up to 6 gb/s of uninterrupted hd video streaming
- If you have a fiber connection with an ONT connector, you can replace your carrier’s router with orbi
- Dedicated band between router and orbi satellite
- 5 gigabit ethernet ports, 1 on the router (configurable up to 2.5 g)
- Designed with mu-mimo, smart connect for a wifi name and beamforming technologies
- Supports Alexa and Google Assistant voice control commands
If you want to raise the level a little… and the price, you can move on to this new model. It has WIFI 6, the new wireless communication standard that makes coverage in your home increase and everything goes faster.
The pity is that the pot is really expensive right now, but you do have a chalet, you will receive a signal in all the rooms.
13.- Linksys Velop – Home-friendly mesh Wi-Fi system (3 units)
- Provide Wi-Fi coverage to the full extent of your home with easy, guided installation using the Linksys App on an iOS or Android device
- Triple-band wireless technology that delivers high transfer speeds to more devices on your network
- Speed: single node gets more than 100 Mbps
- Connectivity: 2 x Gigabit Ethernet per unit (1 WAN and 1 LAN each)
- Dual-stream (2×2), 802.11ac networks; ARM Cortex A7 processor quad-core at 716 MHz
Another perfect choice for large home especially if you buy the pack of three. An option designed to be installed easily and cover the whole house.
In 5 minutes you have everything installed with the app that you have to download to your smartphone. You can purchase 1 node, 2 nodes, or 3 nodes. Hit? You have to place the nodes correctly in good positions in your home to make it work well. It’s expensive.
14.-TP-Link Archer C2300
- Dual band 802.11ac/Dual-Band that allows to reach up to 2.25 Gbps (1625 Mbps at 5 GHz, 600 Mbps at 2.4 GHz)
- Dual Core 1.8 GHz processor with coprocessor
- With MU-MIMO it allows you to achieve 4 times more efficiency by communicating with up to 3 devices at once
- With Range boost + power amplifiers + high-performance antennas offer wider coverage
- With supported OpenVPN and PPTP VPN servers and VPN acceleration
- Ports: 4 1-Gbps LAN, 1 WAN, 1 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0
Excellent value for money. A perfect off-road router for gaming, multiple connections via WIFI, install a VPN. All in all, a really powerful router.
It has tools to optimize the network connection, parental controls, antivirus… and a performance from another planet.
15.-Linksys EA8300 – AC2200 Tri-Band MAX-Stream Wi-Fi Router
- MU-MIMO technology for simultaneous WiFi connectivity across multiple devices
- 4 antennas, Beamforming
- With 4 x Gigabit Ethernet, 1 x USB 3.0
- Automatic Firmware Updates
- Easy installation with the Linksys App
- Robust security with SPI Firewall and DOS protection
A tribank router that is even cheap but has a catch: the coverage it offers is not comparable to that offered by other models. If you have a small house it is perfect: it offers very good configuration features.
Its design is compact, you can configure it by app and it even works with Alexa.
Best gaming routers of 2021
Want to know which are the best gaming routers of the year? If you need a gaming router, keep in mind that you need to increase your router’s specifications: more ports, better hardware to support the needs of online gaming, high bandwidth, and low latency.
Naturally, that means you’ll probably need to spend a little more to get what you need. We’ve selected two Asus models that get out of the ordinary. They’re both great options, but we’ve already told you they’re not cheap options. They are the Asus RT-AC88U and Asus RT-AC5300. But you can check more at:
Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000
- AX11000 Three-Band WiFi Gaming Router 6 (802.11ax)
- 10 Gigabit Wi-Fi Router with quad core processor, 2.5G gaming port, DFS band, wtfast, adaptive QoS
- High-speed Wi-Fi: 11000 Mbps to perform at its best on charged networks
- Accelerating game traffic between your device and the game server
- With 1.8 GHz CPU and four cores, and a 2.5GBase -T port
- Ports: 1 x WAN, 4 x 1-Gbps LAN, 1 x 2.5-Gbps LAN, 2 x USB 3.0
The next generation of gaming routers… and its price says it all: it’s quite expensive. It has WIFI 6, can be customized to infinity and beyond, and has a spectacular port 2.5GBase -T. Little more can be ordered unless it drops in price.
The design is still amazing: it has 8 antennas and looks like an alien spacecraft… Evil. The WIFI collectivity it provides is perfect for very large houses.
- AiMesh Compatible: Connect compatible ASUS routers and create a versatile home-wide mesh network Wi-Fi system
- Triple-VLAN functionality, compatible with your carrier’s triple-play (Internet, Voice IP and TV) services, offers automatic management of OpenVPN IP addresses, server and client
- Ultra-fast 802.11ac Wi-Fi router with a combined dual-band data rate of up to 3167 Mbps for low latency online gaming, 4K/UHD video streaming and file sharing quickly
- Broadcom NitroQAM technology with up to 2167 Mbps in the 5 GHz band and up to 1000 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band
- 4×4 antenna design with AiRadar technology for adequate coverage
- 1.4GHz dual-core processor that improves USB and WAN/LAN speed
- Link Aggregation with up to 2 Gbps of wired speed for faster access with more devices
- Ultra-fast 802.11ac WiFi router with a combined tri-band data rate of up to 5334 Mbps for low latency online gaming, video streaming up to 4K/UHD resolution and quick file sharing
- Broadcom NitroQAM technology with up to 4334 Mbps in both 5 GHz bands and up to 1000 Mbps in 2.4 GHz band
- Three bands with multiple devices connected simultaneously
- Tri-Band Smart Connect automatically selects the fastest frequency available for each device based on device speed, signal strength, and how busy each band is
- 4 x 4 antenna design with AiRadar technology to cover a larger area
They have scandal hardware and many options to improve the way you play: these routers incorporate a game accelerator that provides a ping decrease of 30% – 60%, decreases speed variations by 70% – 90% and reduces the freezing and trumpets of the router by 70% – 90% (Gamers Private Network (GPN) technology). You can also prioritize bandwidth for your video games over WIFI and LAN.
They also have NitroQAM (1024-QAM) technology to improve WIFI speed anda 1.4 GHz dual-core sprayer that improves USB and WAN/LAN speed. Wifi coverage or talk, it is the best you find in the market right now. Perfect for very large houses (500 square meters).
Both are very good options, and the main differences besides price (the AC5300 is usually more expensive, although lately not much more expensive) are that:
- WIFI: The AC88U is Dual – Band (1 x 5 GHz + 1 x 2.4 GHz); 802.11ac up to 3167 Mbps and the Ac5300 is Tri – Band (2 x 5 GHz + 1 x 2.4 GHz); 802.11ac to 5334 Mbps
- LAN Ports: The AC88U has 8 LAN ports and the AC5300 has only 4 LAN ports
Eye! Also the design is very different. The AC88U has more traditional router look and the AC5300 is a kind of spacecraft with a very retro design that you can love or horrify. It also takes up more space. Inside the Hardware is practically the same. Both support Movistar and major operator connections. You will be able to easily reach the speed of the fiber they are currently installing (300/300 or even the next 600/600 or more).
|Wireless standard||802.11ac to 3167 Mbps||802.11ac to 5334 Mbps|
|Wi-Fi technology||Dual – Band (1 x 5 GHz + 1 x 2.4 GHz)||Tri – Band (2 x 5 GHz + 1 x 2.4 GHz)|
|Gigabit LAN ports||8||4|
|Supports ASUS APP for smartphone firmware control||Yes||Yes|
|AiProtection with Trend Micro||Yes||Yes|
|Other built-in modes||Acces Point / Repeater / Media Bridge||Acces Point / Repeater / Media Bridge|
ASUS RT-AX88U – Ax6000 Dual Band Gigabit Gaming Router with Wi-FI 6
If you’re looking for a gaming router with the new WI-FI 6, this ASUS model may be right (Look! They just released it and I’m sure they need to polish the firmware a little bit).
- Triple-VLAN functionality, compatible with your carrier’s triple-play (Internet, Voice IP and TV) services, offers automatic management of OpenVPN IP addresses, server and client
- 802.11ax Dual Band AX6000 wireless router supports MU-MIMO and OFDMA technologies, Trend Micro AiProtection Pro security, wtfast game accelerator and adaptive QoS
- High-speed Wi-Fi: 6000 Mbps to perform at its best on home networks
- 4 antennas and 8 LAN ports to connect more clients at the same time
The latest 802.11ax Wi-Fi standard from this Asus router supports 160MHz bandwidth and Wi-Fi speeds of up to 6,000Mbps, with speeds of 1,148 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz and 4.804 Mbps band in the 5GHz band.
According to Asus, the RT-AX88U provides up to 80% more coverage than previous generation routers.
Cheap and Best WIFI routers in India 2021
After seeing the gaming routers, which are the most expensive, you may want to relax with something much cheaper. If your connectivity needs aren’t as demanding, but you want a quality internet connection, these are your best options.
1.-TP-Link N300 TL-WR841N – Wireless Router
- MIMO 2T2R
- 2.4 GHz band
- 300 Mbps
- WIFI 802.11n
King of Kings when you’re going to buy a real cheap WIFI router. Its WIFI performance is very good and usually costs very cheap. Something wrong? Its range of action is very small (less than 30 meters without many obstacles) and its web interface is not the best thing in the world, but we can forgive it perfectly. Really good value for money.
2.-D-Link DIR-605L mydlink cloud router wireless n300
- Management from iOS/Android
- WiFi up to 300 Mbps
- Four Fast Ethernet ports
It offers us a very stable signal, good performance and good configuration through web and apps. It does not have, on the other hand, Gigabit Ethernet, dual-band, support for IPv6, or guest network. Perfect for those who just want to share the internet with their devices at home. Its range reaches up to 60 meters. For about 20 euros we can’t ask for much more either. It’s very cheap.
3.-Linksys E1200-EW – Wireless Router N300
- Wireless-N Technology
- 4 Fast Ethernet ports
- Linksys Connect Network Management Tool
- Transfer speeds up to N300 Mbps
Probably the wifi router with better design than we have seen. It is very compact, easy to use and as in the previous ones, its only negative points are that its range is short (about 50 meters) and that it does not have dual-band, Gigabit Ethernet, or USB ports. It works only on the 2.4GHz frequency and only supports up to 10 customers, typically in this low price range.